Are you someone who enjoys meeting people from diverse backgrounds, cultures and nationalities? Are you an avid traveler with a passion for guest services? Would you like to work in a fun, fast paced environment with like-minded individuals?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
US: Wanderstay Houston is a hostel (yes, hostel- not hotel) full of character and we cater to modern day explorers who seek community experiences, socialization, while traveling on a budget. We are centrally located, and we offer a choice of shared bunks or private room accommodations.
Guest Service Agents (Part Time)
We are hiring a Guest Service Agent. You will be the first point of contact for our guests as they enter the property and possibly the country. You will provide recommendations and input on everything from the best sushi restaurant to the best place to grab a local beer. You will check guests in and out, help keep the property clean and tidy, and help create a fun atmosphere for our guests.
You will receive great perks and benefits such as a monthly stipend to explore local Houston attractions, professional development reimbursement and paid time off.
Positive, upbeat attitude
Customer Service Experience
Work Well Under Pressure
Clean and Maintain Lobby and Common Areas
Be Proficient with Using Computers
Great Phone Etiquette
Ability to Read and Write In the English Language
As an employee, you will receive great benefits and perks, such as, a monthly stipend to explore local Houston attractions, professional development reimbursement, paid time off, and opportunities to share your passion with guests, and get paid for it!
In order to be considered for a position, please submit the following information.
- One Paragraph About Why You Would Love To Work With Wanderstay Houston
- Hourly Pay Request (please note this is an ENTRY LEVEL position)
- Customer service experience preferred
- Experience recording sales transactions preferred
- Must enjoy working with the public and be able to professionally handle any conflicts, guest issues, or emergencies that may arise.
- Excellent oral communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without immediate supervision
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Hostel or Hotel experience preferred
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as schedule requires
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
- First Aid and CPR certification preferred; training can be provided
- 2nd language a plus
Please No Phone Calls!
WANDERSTAY HOUSTON is an equal opportunity employer.
If you think you’d be a great fit to join us, apply now!