Now Hiring- Entry Level Operations Manager
Wanderstay Hospitality Group
Are you someone who enjoys meeting people from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and nationalities?
Are you an avid traveler with a passion for guest services?
Would you like to work in a fun, fast-paced environment with like-minded individuals?
Do you have an entrepreneurial attitude?
Are you a successful multi-tasker?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are looking for an Entry Level Operations Manager.
Wanderstay Hospitality Group is an innovative accommodation company that has a mixture of a hostel and boutique hotel. Though each location has its own style of décor and personality, there are standards guests can expect no matter the Wanderstay property they choose. This includes impeccable guest service, sparkling-clean facilities, and a unique, fun atmosphere. Our properties are small enough to give guests an authentic local experience that allows them to meet new friends, but large enough to make an impact where it matters most: Our community.
We believe in an open, honest, and healthy work environment, complete with respect, communication, and teamwork.
As an employee, you will receive great benefits and perks, such as professional development reimbursement, paid time off, and travel vouchers.
- Previous management experience
- Customer service experience
- 2-year degree or higher
- Must enjoy working with the public and be able to professionally handle any conflicts, guest issues, or emergencies that may arise.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without immediate supervision
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as schedule requires
- Hostel or hotel experience preferred
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
- First Aid and CPR certification preferred; training can be provided
- Knowledge of a 2nd language is a plus
- Planning and overseeing monthly community events at the hostel
- Creating partnerships with local businesses
- Managing employees (hiring, firing, training, work schedules, approve payroll, etc.)
- Increasing and maintaining occupancy rates
- Successfully running day-to-day operations of properties
- Supervising front desk and housekeeping staff
- Training and evaluating employees
- Resolving escalated customer complaints
- Reconciling petty cash register receipts each shift
- Looking into chargebacks and compiling rebuttals
- Conducting room safety checks weekly
- Monitoring inventory usage and reordering supplies
- Tracking monthly review trends and submitting monthly reports
- Scheduling maintenance and repair appointments when necessary
- Completing daily reservation reconciliations and reviewing final reservation statements before the 3rd of each month
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned by Owner
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidentals to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Employee will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor
- Manager will train and work at the Wanderstay Houston location (4018 Chartres St) from June-December 2021. Once the new location is open in January 2022 (520 Sampson St.), Manager will work 4 days at new location and 1 day at Wanderstay Houston.
- Tuesday – Friday, 9 AM – 6 PM, and Saturday, 12 PM – 9 PM
- Sun/Mon OFF
- 2 weeks annual paid vacation (14 days)
- Annual Industry Conferences (flight, hotel, registration paid for by company)
- Health Insurance (After 6 months of employment)
- Professional Development Stipend
- Annual Bonus
- $40,000-$43,000 Annual salary (Based on experience)
To apply, please submit to Manager @ WanderstayHotels.com :
- Resume (PDF FILE)
- Cover Letter (PDF FILE)
- 2+ professional references (name, title, email address, and phone number) (PDF FILE)
The application period for this position will be 4/15/2021-5/15/2021.
We will reach out to candidates we wish to interview the week of 5/17/2021.
This position will begin 6/14/2021.
WANDERSTAY HOSPITALITY GROUP is an equal opportunity employer.